[vlc-devel] About Skin Applied and Code Compiling

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 31 16:13:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

   If what you intend to do is develop on top of the default qt4
interface, you do need a compilation environnement. See
http://wiki.videolan.or/Win32Compile which is a comprehensive document
to start with.

   If what you refer to skin is the alternative skins2 interface (see
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/skins.php), a dev environnement is not needed.
   You can use either the user-friendly VLC skin Editor (a Java
application) or even just a plain XML editor. The dev environnement is
only needed if you plan to enhance the skins2 interface with new
features not yet available.

Erwan10