[vlc-devel] transcoding is slow

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 11:59:57 CEST 2011

>>     The video format contained in AVI
> file is MS Mpeg-4 Video V3(DIV3).
> >  There is no audio in AVI file.  I can't
> find any settings of x264 encoder
> > in VLC.
> >

> You have to specify them manually to the transcode part.
> e.g.
 ...{vcodec=h264,venc=x264{bframes=0,nob-adapt,b-bias=0,nocabac,ref=1,nf,deblock=0:0,level=30,
> crf=0,partitions=none,direct=none,me=umh,merange=12}...

   I'll test it. I have the sample video file.  Could you please help test the transcoding?  I'll attach it to you in another email.  If it disturbs you , I'm sorry in the advance.

> >      Why is the speed of transcoding
> the same as the speed of playing?
> >  Because there is no limit of display speed of 25
> frames/s, I think
> > transcoding is always faster than playing(The computer
> is good enough).
> >

> Have you ticket the Display the output option? It will
> limit the speed.

     Yes , I don't choose the Display option.   The transcoding is still slow just like the file is being playing.