[vlc-devel] [PULL REQUEST] MPRIS v2.1 Implementation in the dbus control module

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal at mirsal.fr
Sun May 15 18:32:19 CEST 2011

Hello :)

VLC is currently using an outdated version of the Media Player Remote
Interfacing Specification in its dbus control module and I have been
working on an MPRIS v2.1 implementation, which you can find on my git
repository at git://git.videolan.org/vlc/vlc-mirsal.git in the
mpris2-merge branch. I have also attached the changes as a single patch
to this e-mail.

I would like to merge my work into the main vlc source tree.
Prior to that, comments / corrections / objections would be greatly
appreciated.

Please note that the changes involved are not backwards compatible with
the 1.0 version. That is, if you are using the dbus module then your
client code will break and I am willing to help you upgrading, should
you need it.

The current version of the spec is at http://www.mpris.org

Best regards

--