[vlc-devel] Rethinking the HTTP Interface UI

Mike Houben mail at crazyhstudio.net
Sat May 21 23:58:24 CEST 2011

Hi Andre,

i love your motivation. But I think we should direct the HTTP GUI more to the Interface of the Application.

Mike

On 21 May 2011, at 21:42, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> It looks very rough at this point, but the idea is to present the general direction and
> maybe find someone who is stronger at UI design than I am to help out.

I know that j-b won't like this, but I would love to help out with the UI design besides my Mainwork.

> Essentially what I am wanting to do is provide a look which is more inline with the new
> look of the VideoLAN web site and at the same time provide a look to the player controls
> that match either the controller currently in VLC or something like that used by
> Quicktime X. I plan to reintroduce the icons, but using text for now since I didn't
> want to be putting too much effort if the idea of updating the UI isn't supported.

It's a bad Idea to go into the Quicktime X direction. It's only for Mac... and there are also some People on Windows/Linux.
We have to find something optimized for the Web.

Mike