[vlc-devel] lua in Mac OS X

Kim Geunhyung kim.geunhyung at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:01:44 CEST 2011

Hello,

I would like to compile VLC 1.1.9 on Mac OS X 10.5.6.
I do ./configure and meet the following error.

checking for LUA... no
configure: WARNING: lua5.1 not found, trying lua >= 5.1 instead
checking for LUA... no
checking lua.h usability... no
checking lua.h presence... no
checking for lua.h... no
checking lauxlib.h usability... no
checking lauxlib.h presence... no
checking for lauxlib.h... no
checking lualib.h usability... no
checking lualib.h presence... no
checking for lualib.h... no
checking for luaL_newstate in -llua5.1 ... no
checking for luaL_newstate in -llua51 ... no
checking for luaL_newstate in -llua ... yes
configure: error: Could not find lua. Lua is needed for some interfaces (rc, telnet, http) as well as many other custom scripts. Use --disable-lua to ignore this error.

Though I installed lua 5.14 and checked it is installed by typing lua command, I got the above error too.

What is wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Geunhyung