[vlc-devel] lua in Mac OS X

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Wed May 25 16:21:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

On May 25, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Kim Geunhyung wrote:

> Though I installed lua 5.14 and checked it is installed by typing lua command, I got the above error too.

Two things:

1) be sure to install all needed 3rd party libraries using our contrib system (extras/contrib, see OSXCompile on wiki for more info)
2) if you have done so (and you made sure that lua isn't installed anywhere else on your Mac), make sure that your contribs and VLC's configuration match their architecture. This means, that contribs needs to include i686-apple-darwin9 in extras/contrib/hosts (if you compile in 32bit mode, which is the default on 10.5) or x86_64-apple-darwin9 in contribs and --build=x86_64-apple-darwin9 as configure flag (for 64bit mode, which is discouraged on 10.5).

Best regards,

Felix Kühne