[vlc-devel] lua in Mac OS X

Kim Geunhyung kim.geunhyung at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:48:34 CEST 2011

Thanks,

I built 3rd party libs needed by VLC described in http://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile site.
After that, i configure in the top level VLC source directory.
However, configuration script dos't find lua as follows.

checking for LUA... no
configure: WARNING: lua5.1 not found, trying lua >= 5.1 instead
checking for LUA... no
checking lua.h usability... yes
checking lua.h presence... yes
checking for lua.h... yes
checking lauxlib.h usability... yes
checking lauxlib.h presence... yes
checking for lauxlib.h... yes
checking lualib.h usability... yes
checking lualib.h presence... yes
checking for lualib.h... yes
checking for luaL_newstate in -llua5.1 ... no
checking for luaL_newstate in -llua51 ... no
checking for luaL_newstate in -llua ... no
configure: error: Could not find lua. Lua is needed for some interfaces (rc, telnet, http) as well as many other custom scripts. Use --disable-lua to ignore this error.

I can run "lua -v" and find the result as follows.

Geunhyung-Kim-ui-MacBook-Air:vlc-1.1.9 geunkim$ lua -v
Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
Geunhyung-Kim-ui-MacBook-Air:vlc-1.1.9 geunkim$

What should I do ?

Best regards,

Geunhyung

2011. 5. 25., 오후 11:21, Felix Paul Kühne 작성: