[vlc-devel] failure to handle ' within " " block

Rob rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Tue May 31 13:45:24 CEST 2011

Hi Folks,

I missed Rémi's response earlier.

> This does not look right, though I don't fully grasp the existing logic.

He was responding to this patch from me:

http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2011-April/079984.html

can anyone shed any light?

What I have proposed does fix an real bug - but it would help if someone
actually did understand properly what is going on in that parsing section
to either confirm that the fix is ok, or give some pointers on how to do
it better.

thanks,

Rob