[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vlm : call var_DelCallback after input thread is joined.

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Tue May 31 14:22:47 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 13:58 +0200, Laurent Aimar wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 01:21:13PM +0200, Sébastien Escudier wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Sébastien Escudier <sebastien-devel at celeos.eu> | Wed May 25 14:16:36 2011 +0200| [04058ca6feb89a9f813f578cd9a4f45812c7361d] | committer: Sébastien Escudier
> >
> > vlm : call var_DelCallback after input thread is joined.
> > This reverts vlm callback behaviour before 67b16b1b9f1babba51ca186a5a1107156f897c09
>  I am sorry I failed to respond before, but: why ?

I have a use case where I don't want to lose some events even when I
close the input.
Ok, these events are not currently in vlc, but in my own repo, but
someday we could have events like these. And I think it is better to not
have cases where events are lost.

>  If it is mandatory, then I would prefer a lot if you could simply _hold()
> before calling input_Close() and then _release. I don't like the idea
> of exporting such private behaviour (Join+Release).

I did not export Join and release (in libvlccore.sym), because it's only
used in src/ and not in modules.
Is it still bad?
Do you mean, calling vlc_object_hold(input);

Regards,
Sebastien.