[vlc-devel] VLC Mozilla 1.2 plugin status

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Nov 4 11:25:29 CET 2011

   Hello,

There has not been much work if any since VLC 1.1 (and in fact, since VLC
0.9) on the Mozilla plugin. I would like to remind external packagers that
the plugin is now in a separate source code repository. So it needs to be
packaged separately, with LibVLC as a build dependency.

I am not aware of any major regression from VLC 1.1. All the bugs and
regressions from previous releases are still to be found though. I do not
need to remind every one that there is basically no maintainer for the
Mozilla plugin since Damien F. left (3 years ago!).

Note that there is a known bug in Debian Iceweasel and Ubuntu Firefox that
makes the VLC plugin crash systematically. Apparently, this bug does not
affect "upstream" Firefox:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/810214

Best regards.

http://www.remlab.net/