[vlc-devel] configure: check that live555 has our patches applied

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Nov 15 04:42:44 CET 2011

Le Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:35:09 +0100 (CET),
git at videolan.org (Rémi Denis-Courmont) a écrit :

> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Mon Nov 14 18:34:04 2011 +0200| [6a20b9968abde4f828c4c6cea51e8b7601f98fa5] | committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>
> configure: check that live555 has our patches applied

> +      AC_MSG_ERROR([liveMedia lacks patches and is not usable.
> +Please apply our patches from the VLC contrib (contrib/src/live555/).

What makes it 'not usable' ?

Have the bugs been reported upstream ?

What is your plan wrt distributions?
They will either patch live555 either patch VLC to remove this check,
and without details I guess they'll patch VLC thus rendering this
check useless.

For now the only side effect of this check is that (Debian) buildbot is
broken; should we use --disable-live555 to be able to check the other
code and thus stop checking live555 module?

--
Rafaël Carré