[vlc-devel] live-getaddrinfo.patch fails

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 16 22:11:14 CET 2011

Le mercredi 16 novembre 2011 23:02:26 Shane Phelan, vous avez écrit :
> I was just trying to build the latest 1.2 VLC  code and the
> live-getaddrinfo.patch fails to apply. (Hunk #1 FAILED at 83)  The other 4
> patches in the contrib/src/live555 work just fine.  So, this makes my
> configuration fail.  Suggestions?

Upstream live555 does not version its releases, so our build system breaks
every so often when a new release is made. There is no sane way for us to
avoid this problem. Live with it (no pun intended).

Suggestion: fix the problem yourself, or wait for someone else to do it.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis