[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add list of committers

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Nov 18 00:26:43 CET 2011

Le Thu, 17 Nov 2011 23:56:50 +0100,
Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> a écrit :

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:55:29PM +0100, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> > Add list of committers
>
> And of what use is that? Except yet another file that won't be updated
> correctly?

I want to know who are the committers and who are not.
And it's not to give more merit or credit to committers as you
suggested.

I was surprised to know that etix (Ludovic Fauvet) was not a committer
since he's been contributing and present in community for some time.

Perhaps I won't ignore his patches now that I know this.

About updating I will ask new committers to update this file themselves
and I hope others will do.

Another solution would be to have some php or web code read the list
from gitosis so we'd have a list on the web.

--
Rafaël Carré