[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add list of committers

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Nov 18 00:33:27 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 06:26:43PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> I want to know who are the committers and who are not.
> And it's not to give more merit or credit to committers as you
> suggested.

But this is the case. This makes difference between people.
Committers files and Maintainers files (ffmpeg way) are wrong in many
ways, in the sense they are not really open-source friendly.

> About updating I will ask new committers to update this file themselves
> and I hope others will do.

Of course, it won't work.
AUTHORS, POTFILES and LIST are way more critical and they are not
even updated correctly.
And yet, you add one more file to maintain, adding more clutter to
the tree, making more work for maintainers.

Not to mention that the file is outdated and wrong, since some people
you added to the list never committed to VLC...

> Another solution would be to have some php or web code read the list
> from gitosis so we'd have a list on the web.

You mean, like the team/ page ?

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734