[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Add list of committers

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Nov 18 00:56:19 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 06:47:44PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> Le Fri, 18 Nov 2011 00:33:27 +0100,
> Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> a écrit :
>
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 06:26:43PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> > > I want to know who are the committers and who are not.
> > > And it's not to give more merit or credit to committers as you
> > > suggested.
> >
> > But this is the case. This makes difference between people.
>
> The difference (between committers and non committers) exists, why hide
> it?

It exists in the infrastructure, not in the project. When I get a
tarball or the git repository, it doesn't matter who has access, but who
knows the code and owns the copyright.

> Which ways? You gave none.

Read the mailing lists.

> > And yet, you add one more file to maintain, adding more clutter to
> > the tree, making more work for maintainers.
>
> In the above sentence you say it won't be maintained anyway?

It won't be correctly maintained, so, it'll be me, as usual, who will do
the boring task.

> Well you gave me that list, those people are committers anyway, aren't
> they?

This is history, because of the svn->git change.

> > > Another solution would be to have some php or web code read the list
> > > from gitosis so we'd have a list on the web.
> >
> > You mean, like the team/ page ?
>
> Yes, that'd be a fine place for that info and solve all your concerns
> IIUC.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf