[vlc-devel] [Patches] Dash: mostly cosmetics

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:53:14 CET 2011

2011/11/24 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> 0011: I don't see the point. The code becomes harder to read. I think we can
> trust the register allocators from compilers nowadays.
>
> 0012: OK but does not apply without previous patches.
>
> 0013, 0014, 0015, 0016: merged.
>
> 0017: cannot comment.

I have to agree on patch 11.
About patch 10, I have a few reason to get rid of the exceptions :
- On some platforms, exceptions are deactivated
- They are slower than a return value to indicate an error. And in
this case, the exception or the return value doesn't change anything
to the code itself.
- Exceptions should (at least I think) be user for something that
really is exceptionnal. The end of the file is something that is
likely to happen

And as a personnal point of view, I find the code easier to read once
exceptions are removed, but that's my tastes :)

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen