[vlc-devel] contrib: detect XCode > 3

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sat Nov 26 21:26:01 CET 2011

Le Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:36:12 +0100 (CET),
git at videolan.org (Rafaël Carré) a écrit :

> vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Sat Nov 26 12:35:37 2011 -0500| [e47fb7cd004cd51c21f563593501a359a3a3f7ee] | committer: Rafaël Carré
>
> contrib: detect XCode > 3
>
> We need -arch to specify which arch to be built, else we have no idea

Here's what I found in my experiments:

- xcode 3 doesn't support -arch
- If we don't specify arch we'll build whatever defaultS architectures
are set in the project file (which we could patch)
- bghudappkit doesn't build properly for PowerPC
- bghudappkit is now mandatory to build VLC
- we support MacOSX 10.5
- 10.5 SDK is NOT available in Xcode 4
- 10.5 is the last supported SDK for PowerPC

Conclusion:
The frameworks in contribs will not build automatically on 10.5 / xcode3
VLC for PowerPC is broken since the dependancy on BGHUDAppKit was
added months ago, and nobody noticed.

Suggestion:
Drop PowerPC support
Drop 10.5 support

Do we have stats on 10.5 and PowerPC usage?

--
Rafaël Carré