[vlc-devel] buildbot

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Nov 29 13:12:13 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 07:07:09AM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> What do you think?

GOod idea. But sid is a bad name. Sid is not an OS, as far as I know.

> Another topic:
> I disabled the continuous branch builds because they were broken.
>
> At least they didn't react to commits to the branch, but they did react
> to commits in vlc.git instead.
>
> I think we don't need continous builds for branch because we don't add
> new features, and if we do we test them in master before.

I disagree strongly here. Breakage on branch are way more serious than on
master, in case we need to do an emergency security build.

Fixing the commits would be better.

> Also someone needs to reboot veda, or to install a MacOSX 10.5 PPC SDK
> on jones so we can cross compile PPC builds

I will installl 10.5 on jones, but I doubt it is enough to build for
PPC.
For veda, mail thedj, but I think the issue is IPv4 vs IPv6

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734