[vlc-devel] Not-static file AVI-Streaming

Marco Pelusi marco.pelusi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:08:12 CEST 2011

Hello to everyone,

I use an application that capture openGL windows and, setting a frame rate
(frame per second FPS), create an AVI video that save in a folder (default
folder c:\Tmp); I have to send this AVI video in real time streaming (for
example via UDP) in a LAN network between two computers and I would like use
VLC to send the AVI in streaming.
In this case VLC should read the AVI not from a static file but from Taksi
while create it, therefore VLC has to read an AVI file not as a file
completed but as a flow of bytes that are creating the AVI file.
Do you know if I could modify the VLC's code to make that? Any suggestions?
Someone did it or similar?
An alternative should be send from the application that create the AVI file
the flow of bytes to a specific port and address and open VLC to receive
them; in this case I have to know well the structure of VLC UDP datagrams.
What do you suggest?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Marco