[vlc-devel] Complete Feature freeze

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Oct 8 17:04:23 CEST 2011

Le samedi 8 octobre 2011 11:54:49 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> I would like to suggest a complete feature freeze for next wednesday,
> meaning core, lib and modules (except UIs, since they are in a poor
> state).

That does not speak to me. The UI plugins, especially, but not limited to, the
Qt4 and MacOS plugins are the most tangled and interdependent with the core.
In fact, new UI features probably constitute the class of changes most likely
to involve core changes.

So freezing the core but not the UI feels silly to me. Freezing the core and
all plugins except the UI feels yet sillier.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis