[vlc-devel] libvlc: determining media length

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:48:32 CEST 2011

Hi Remi,

Thanks so much for your quick reply...truly appreciate it :)

> function can or cannot determine different input item meta infos. However, in
> general, this is asynchronous, so some formats only provide length after
> playback starts.

I'm interested specifically in MythTV generated nuv (nupplevideo) file
format. Is there any workaround possible where I play the file for a
short duration but it is not visually rendered, maybe played only in
memory or some other workaround?

Thank you so much again :)

Bye for now