[vlc-devel] Some codec/demux/display bugs

Cyril Lambin cyril at nolife-tv.com
Mon Oct 24 01:19:22 CEST 2011

Le 22 octobre 2011 23:41, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> a écrit :

> You can override the demuxer on a per-item basis though:
>
> # vlc file/avformat:///path/to/file.mp4
>
> or:
>
> # vlc /path/to/file.mp4 :demux=avformat
>
> That also kinda works from the UI.

Okay, so I guess the default demuxer is avformat, then ?

(eventually that demuxer would need a fix for those kind of .mov files
anyway, they're really heavily used in video editing because Final Cut Pro
has a strong user base now.)

Or maybe another way to achieve what we need is to revert to the default VLC
demuxer if the "forced default" demuxer (here ffmpeg) returns an error
because of an unsupported file format. Or to have a way to change the
priority of demuxers - if VLC works that way.

I'm not trying to force anything into VLC dev, just trying to figure out a
clean solution in the long-term :)

Cyril

--
Cyril Lambin - Nolife