[vlc-devel] Hardware needed for Android development

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Oct 28 17:29:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to continue hacking VLC on android but my hardware quite laggy

I currently own an ARMv6 phone (no neon extension, no hardware video decoding, very slow),
and my development machine is a netbook.

What do you think of buying a phone and a machine so I can work on it?

If you agree I can start looking what decent hardware is available here.

BTW I just moved in a cold place of Québec so I should have enough free time inside this winter ;)

--
Rafaël Carré

11:26 < courmisch> funman: ok, so I should not give you a computer, to make sure the
                   Android port stays crap as long as possible