[vlc-devel] [VLC] #5493: Regression : sound and video stutter when displaying free tv channels streams

Gilles Sabourin gilles.sabourin at free.fr
Sat Oct 29 22:27:46 CEST 2011

Le samedi 29 octobre 2011 21:04:27, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le samedi 29 octobre 2011 21:21:49 Gilles Sabourin, vous avez écrit :
> > >  Patch welcome. I cannot test Free here.
> >
> > Maybe jb could ?
>
> Don't you think JB has enough stuff to take care of with the user interface
> maintaince, the Windows builds, the foundation presidency, system
> administration and what-not?
>
> This is an open-source project, you cannot just come, demand stuff and rely on
> others to do it, especially not hobbyists.

I know perfectly what FOSS is. I do not know what may be the job of jb, I'm not in your organization.
Now, I've reported the issue but I am not a developper and I have no clue about this problem.
All i can say, is that is related to changes committed in late August. I was waiting to report it after vlc 1.2 stabilization phase.
I was wondering if the problem was not related to streaming instead of Free french provider, or any other provider.
For me, this is the easier streaming source to exploit. Anyway, I have had no early discussion here, just a flat refusal.

Now,  you wrote earlier :
> I wouldn't be so presumptuous until we have had a test release to better
> evaluate the regressions.

So, any test report, especially on A/V sync is supposed to be of any interest for you to go further or not?

This is up to you to decide what this version will be, especially for users.

Regards,
Gilles