[vlc-devel] [VLC] #5493: Regression : sound and video stutter when displaying free tv channels streams

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Oct 29 22:38:47 CEST 2011

Le samedi 29 octobre 2011 23:27:46 Gilles Sabourin, vous avez écrit :
> > I wouldn't be so presumptuous until we have had a test release to better
> > evaluate the regressions.
>
> So, any test report, especially on A/V sync is supposed to be of any
> interest for you to go further or not?

There is difference between reporting a problem and asking someone to fix it.

Especially pointing the finger at a particular developer is impolite IMNSHO.

> This is up to you to decide what this version will be, especially for
> users.

I have almost zero influence on the quality of VLC releases, especially after
feature freeze. There is nothing for me to decide.

And even if I were the 1.2.x release manager (whom, if history repeats itself,
I will not be until 1.3.0 comes), I could only decide to wait for more fixes
or release as is. I do not have money or goods to motivate people to fix bugs.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis