[vlc-devel] would like to enhance AppleScript capabilities

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:55:30 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 02.09.2011 um 17:55 schrieb Jan Winter <jwinter at gmx.net>:

> I'd like to enhance the AppleScript capabilities of VLC with new features like the duration of the current media file, seeking forwards/backwards and jumping to a certain time etc.
This isn't hard and a nice idea!

> Which one is the branch (lunettes / glasses / main vlc branch) I should work on?
You should work on the unstable VLC git, which will be released as VLC 1.2 later this year. It's accessible at <git://git.videolan.org/vlc.git>. For compilation instructions, please have a look at the wiki.

> Is there a developer out there who once worked on the AppleScript features of VLC who might help me to find my way within the code?
Have a look at modules/gui/macosx/applescript.*
It's pretty straight forward. If you get stuck, feel free to ask here or on IRC.

Best regards,

Felix

--
VideoLAN