[vlc-devel] Q re>modules and UI (speficially, popup menus & key bindings)

Walt Horat walt at genaudioinc.com
Fri Sep 9 15:25:53 CEST 2011

I have a module derived from modules/audio_filter/channel_mixer/	simple; it has two controls, a check box and I am having a hard time learning the VLC API (mostly due to lack of time), and I was hoping for a few quick pointers:

1) I would like to add a popup menu to select ordinal options (i.e. int constants) via a human readable name. I tried emulating another module, and am having a hard time getting it to work. A pointer to a working example describing the bits I need would be greatly helpful

2) For testing, there are too many steps to open/drill down to/toggle pref/commit prefs dialog. We really need a way to reduce that to 1 step. Is there a way to bind a hotkey to a module, or am I going to have to hack this behavior in?

Thanks,

Walt Horat
-----
"Much human ingenuity has gone into finding the ultimate Before.
The current state of knowledge can be summarized thus:
In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded" - Terry Pratchett