[vlc-devel] AppleScript: NSDocument on OS X

Jan Winter jwinter at gmx.net
Mon Sep 12 10:56:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm working on implementing some new AppleScript features to the OS X port of VLC. Am I right in the assumptions that VLC currently doesn't use the NSDocument approach (which would mean the playlist items are not represented by NSDocument subclasses)? The only connection to NSDocument I found so far are the recent items…

I had planned to implement AppleScript features like "duration" or "path" within a NSDocument category, but as NSDocument is not used here I will have to extend the NSApplication category to s.th. like "duration of current item", which would represent the duration of the item, which is currently played (or paused)…

Any objections against that?

Best regards
Jan