[vlc-devel] [RFC] httpd: fix multiple hosts handling

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Sep 25 16:22:27 CEST 2011

Le dimanche 25 septembre 2011 17:10:53 Pierre Ynard, vous avez écrit :
> This is a proof of concept for a better http "host" logic. It fixes the
> - currently broken - use of several hosts for different protocols, and
> also restores the host reuse logic. The new design works, remains simple
> and will simplify the httpd threads as there is now only one listening
> socket per thread. The ugly casting just helps to make a quick and small
> patch that is easier to review for now.

Leaving aside the deliberate cosmetic errors, I don't see the point of adding
another level of indirection. Sure it makes the accept code simpler, but
overall it adds more complexity than it removes. And I still don't see the
point of binding a single VLC process to different IP addresses.

Besides, I would rather have one thread per active client and one thread for
all listening sockets, than one thread per listening socket. Though that is
clearly out of scope at this point.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis