[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Fix simulatenous HTTPd use of RTSP and HTTP

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Sep 26 08:45:04 CEST 2011

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 23:19:46 +0200, Pierre Ynard <linkfanel at yahoo.fr>
wrote:
>> Le dimanche 25 septembre 2011 20:23:08 Pierre Ynard, vous avez écrit :
>> > Nice try but if I do for example:
>> >
>> > vlc foo.mpg --rtsp-port 8080 --rtsp-host 127.0.0.1
>> > --sout
>> > '#duplicate{dst=http{mux=ts,dst=/},dst=rtp{mux=ts,sdp=rtsp:///sdp}}'
>> >
>> > --rtsp-host is silently ignored
>>
>> Yeah, I figured that corner case too. I have a fix.
>
> Your fix sucks. The above, instead of merely ignoring a parameter, now
> fails. That can hardly be called a fix; in fact, it once again changes
> the semantics to suit your goal, instead of fixing code.
>
> With the direction the code is taking, there is no chance of making work
> streaming on different ports for the same protocol,

That is different protocol on the same port. I am fine with supporting it.
It's just a matter of merging rtsp-host with http-host as a unique
configuration item. I think both cases are rarely used corner cases, so I
don't have any strong opinion on which one to support.

As for different ports for the same protocol IN THE SAME PROCESS, I still
don't see the point.

http://www.remlab.net/