[vlc-devel] [PATCH] Added option to disable chapter generation from marks file.
fatbull at web.de
Tue Sep 27 05:26:40 CEST 2011
Am 26.09.2011 13:56, schrieb Tobias Güntner:
>> Imho chapter is from beginning of the red bar to next red bar.
OK, you convinced me.
>> We can also add mode 'auto' into vdr-generate-chapters and merge
>> vdr-min-chapter-gap to use with it. NOw whoch one is best unit to use
>> with vdr-min-chapter-gap: seconds, milliseconds or frames?
> Actually, I tend to hard coded "vdr-generate-chapters=odd" mode right
> now ... I need a while to make up my mind; will post later.
Here's my (final?) patch. Two remarks:
1. I simplified things a bit and removed the (now pointless) "Start"
chapter. There either is a cut mark at the very beginning (then the
chapter is redundant and we don't need it) or not (then this region has
been cut and we don't want it).
2. I decided against a vdr-generate-chapters setting, because:
* 'none' is pointless because I can't think of a compelling reason why
someone would want to turn it off. Rémi asked a similar question when I
posted the first access_vdr patch here; so far, nobody complained. ;)
* 'all' would be backwards compatible. To be honest, when I wrote the
code to import cut marks two years ago, I could not think of any good
"filter". For the sake of simplicity, I just added them all. I don't
feel obliged to keep that behavior.
* 'auto' makes sense if you consider cut marks simply as "seek targets".
But as you already said: Why do we need them for parts which are
supposed to be removed? Maybe if someone *really* misses them, we can
add this mode in a future patch.
* 'odd' is, in a way, what VDR does, so it makes sense to do that here,
too. The only "issue" is that the end of a chapter is lost. Minor
inconvenience, but no problem, I think.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the vlc-devel