[vlc-devel] VLC Android port current state

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Apr 20 11:19:42 CEST 2012

Hello Anastasia,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 01:08:36PM +0400, Anastasia Semenova wrote :
> In my application, I need to play FLV/HTTP streams on Android. libvlc
> supports this function: I've tested my FLV streams with VLC-android player,
> and it seems to work.

Cool.

> The question is: what is the state of Android version of VLC?

It is now mostly working, except a few issues, but the main ones are:
 - issues with the audio output, on certain phones
 - issues with OMX compatibility on some phones (activate Hw accell in
   prefs)
 - UI issues
 - subtitles

And testing more streams, mainly (mms, http, rtsp, + lot of files)

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734