[vlc-devel] VLC Android port current state

Anastasia Semenova semenova at ivideon.ru
Fri Apr 20 11:08:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

In my application, I need to play FLV/HTTP streams on Android. libvlc
supports this function: I've tested my FLV streams with VLC-android player,
and it seems to work.

The question is: what is the state of Android version of VLC? I've googled
this and haven't found any actual information about Android port of VLC.
A year ago, one of the developers described it as follows:

> VLC on android is incomplete, unfinished, buggy, slow, it doesn't even
compile.
> Why are so much people trying to build it anyway?

Are these words actual today? What problems exist in Android version now?
(I've found only 3 tickets in VLC's trac that are associated with Android).
Is the idea to use VLC for my project good or it's better to search some
other way?

P.S. I've also posted<http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=100347>
this
question at vlc forum, but no one answered. Sorry, I don't know where to
post such questions.

--
Anastasia Semenova