[vlc-devel] git usage in Android port compile script

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Apr 20 18:33:15 CEST 2012

Hello,

I don't know in which version these commands were introduced but they
are in 1.7.9.5 at least.

Perhaps we should check for a minimal version in our script?

Le 2012-04-20 04:52, Anastasia Semenova a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> There are some suspicious lines in Android port compile.sh script:
>
> 1. git checkout -B android ${TESTED_HASH}

man git implies it can be split into two commands:

           If -B is given, <new_branch> is created if it doesn’t exist;
otherwise, it
           is reset. This is the transactional equivalent of

               $ git branch -f <branch> [<start point>]
               $ git checkout <branch>

           that is to say, the branch is not reset/created unless "git
checkout" is
           successful.