[vlc-devel] Game over

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Apr 25 21:01:50 CEST 2012

	Pierre,

Le mercredi 25 avril 2012 21:47:57 Pierre Ynard, vous avez écrit :
> > Thanks your persistent jerk behaviour, and the project inability to
> > deal with it promptly,
>
> I'm sorry but this feud has been lasting for years, and you already had
> taken action yesterday; given this and the lack of action in the past,
> I don't understand why you make it sound like you expected something to
> happen before an unspoken one-day deadline that now suddenly expired.

There was plenty enough time to preemptively suspend him or whatever. Nothing
happened and he went on with his accusations today. That was the one straw
after the last straw for me.

VLC was a free time hobby. That implies it had to be fun. Right now, it is
everything except fun. If I were paid, I would suffer it, but I am not.

> > VLC media player has just lost its largest, second oldest developer
> > and forth most active forum member. The Linux port is now almost dead.
> > All the expertise on the portability layer, audio output, network,
> > etc. is now lost. Nobody will be triaging Ubuntu and Debian bugs.
>
> No please stay and give us a bit more time and a chance to deal with
> this.

I do not want to be involved while Rafaël is. It will only result in
frustration, anger, trolling, insults, commit/revert wars, etc. I honestly
think this would not be for the best of the project.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis