[vlc-devel] BGHUDAppKit.framework problem

Brendon Justin brendonjustin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:33:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM, vlc-devel-request at videolan.org wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:37:46 -0500
> From: Diego Fernando Nieto <diegofn at me.com (mailto:diegofn at me.com)>
> <vlc-devel at videolan.org (mailto:vlc-devel at videolan.org)>
> Subject: [vlc-devel] BGHUDAppKit.framework problem
>
> Hi,
>
> Compiling VLC for Mac with the new contrib I receive the following error.
>
> http://pastie.org/4587875
>
> Can you help me? Do you know how can I receive more information from Xcode and suggest to you one solution?
>
> Sincerely
>
> Diego Fernando Nieto
> @diegofn

I also had this issue recently.  I worked around it by downloading http://download.videolan.org/contrib/bghudappkit-git.tar.xz and compiling it myself in Xcode 4, and using that to replace the BGHUDAppKit.framework in the prebuilt contribs.  Here is my compiled framework: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ble9lvwgptrwj0n/BGHUDAppKit.framework.zip; it goes in the contrib/x86_64-apple-darwinXX folder, with the caveat that I probably compiled it to only work on 10.8+.

Thanks,
Brendon Justin