[vlc-devel] cross compile: nsis not generating vlc windows installer

fayyaz lodhi fayyazkl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:53:45 CET 2012

I pulled from vlc git which is version 2.1.0. With mingw 3.0 i only had to
remake qt4. However, again had to disable npapi related parts of
package.mak.

After that it seems my nsis installer build went further than the previous
time. However, now it failed with following log. I am going to try to
remove reference to npvlc.dll from vlc.win32.nsi script file and try. But i
was wondering if this is expected or if i need to fix some module
externally to get this resolved more appropriately. Thanks

CreateShortCut: "$DESKTOP\VLC media player.lnk"->"$INSTDIR\vlc.exe"
 icon:,0, showmode=0x0, hotkey=0x0, comment=
SectionEnd
SectionGroup !$Name_Section34
Section: "$Name_Section03" ->(SEC03)
SectionIn: [0] [2]
SetOutPath: "$INSTDIR"
!insertmacro: OpenUninstallLog
FileOpen: $INSTDIR\uninstall.log as a -> $UninstallLog
FileSeek: fp=$UninstallLog, ofs=0, mode=END, output=
!insertmacro: end of OpenUninstallLog
!insertmacro: InstallFile
*File: "npvlc.dll" -> no files found.*
Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
   /oname=outfile one_file_only)
Error in macro InstallFile on macroline 1
Error in script "../vlc-git/vlc/win32/vlc-2.1.0-git/vlc.win32.nsi" on line
266 -- aborting creation process
make: *** [package-win32-exe] Error 1