[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: fixed subtitle rendering resolution when using the native fullscreen mode (close #7946)

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 21:35:41 CET 2012

Hi Felix,

Am 25.12.2012 um 20:58 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com>:

> Hello David,
>
> On 25.12.2012, at 19:59, David Fuhrmann wrote:
>
>> Are you sure that this is needed? Actually, the playlist fullscreen variable should already be updated in windowWillEnterFullScreen / windowWillExitFullScreen (MainWindow.m line 833 and following).
>
> Well, in fact, the playlist's fullscreen variable is incorrectly set to false without my code, possibly due to some hack in intf.m (setFullScreenForWindow…).

Then we should find the faulty code path which sets the variable to false again.
My intention / problem is: I already added code intended for exactly this case of using the "native" controls inside "windowWillEnterFullScreen" and "windowWillExitFullScreen". And I want to avoid that we have another place where duplicated code (regarding setting the fullscreen variable) is added.

> However, the important part of my patch isn't about the variable, but the enforced reshape on the VLCOpenGLView hidden within the vout view.

Yeah, sure. Is the bug also fixed without your additionally added fullscreen variable change? Then I would prefer if we remove this part and try to fix the real problem if there is one.

> Of course, we could do move the code to the main window. However, if you intend to add lion-fullscreen-support for non-main windows, the current location might be more appropriate, since the code is more about the vout view than the window it is in. Philosophical decision, not a technical one.

If we add fullscreen for non-main windows, we need to move a bunch of code to a more generic window class, anyway.
I just want to avoid that we clutter code across different places regarding one "action". As we already have methods in MainWindow for basically the same notifications, I would prefer if we just use them.

> Happy Holiday!

For you, too. ;-)

Best regards,
David