[vlc-devel] multicast stream receiving problems

Fayyaz Khan fayyazkl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 11:44:31 CET 2012

Thank you. Yeah i probably missed the fact that it is Christmas time.

I am using direct udp stream from a service of iptv provided by national
telco in my country.

An example url is udp://@239.194.x.x:x

Basically vlc is parsing an m3u file with entries such as this

#EXTM3U
#EXTNAME: TV

#EXTINF:1,Smart Products
#EXTTV:In-house;type;
udp://@239.194.x.x:x

I will have to examine packet capture for igmp messages and udps. Will
get back on this in day or so.

Though i am not sure if these are interrelated, but simple video
playback of  flv file on cross compiled binary has same issues.

An update is that i went through
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-2.0.x#Why_does_VLC_only_give_black.2C_white_or_garbled_.28or_other_visual_errors.29_video_output.3F

and used audio output module of DirectX instead of default and it fixed
the flv file. Except that volume bar is not going over 100% (i.e. not
200%. Earlier volume bar was moving but failed to have any actual effect
on the volume along with stuttering in video and audio.

I am going to try this direct x change on multicast streaming as well.
That setup is actually at my work machine only and will have to wait
until tomorrow.

Thanks for the help so far.