[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] fluidsynth: require version 1.1.x

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 1 21:49:20 CET 2012

Le mercredi 1 février 2012 22:34:04 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> For me, under Win32 (the annoying one, because of glib), it uses a lot
> of memory (80MB for a 30MB font), but those are stable during the song,
> and not leaked, but regained at the end of the playback.

Fluidsynth loads the sound font and fails to unload it at the end in 1.0.9. Of
course, the impact depends on the size of the font. The good ones tend to be
huge. A MIDI playlist can easily eat up the whole address space in 32-bits
environment, if it does not starve the OS earlier.
Even upstream says 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 were horrendously bugged.

And anyway, it lacks functions that VLC uses.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis