[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] DXVA2_ModeVC1_D2010 is specified by Microsoft

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Feb 7 01:14:13 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-06 18:55, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 06:51:35PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :

>>> And how would you know that if you refuse to read the SDK?
>>> And what version of the SDK? 7.1? 8.0? 64bits or 32bits? Win32 or WinRT?
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms697067(v=vs.85).aspx
>> answers all your questions.
>
> It does not:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc307941%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
> says different things, as I already told you.
> And those:
> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25200
> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21100
> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11323
> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=25228
>
> Also defines GUID, and since those extensions are post WinSDK 7, they
> cannot be defined in the Vista DxVA2api.h nor the 7 one.
>
> And that would be exactly the same for this very commit that has
> DXVA2_ModeVC1_D2010 in it...

You're right it can not.

Thus this commit is wrong, for the reasons you told in your 4th email,
not counting answers to my previous commits.

Please calm down and stop jumping at my throat like I'm trying to defeat
your work or something, because that is not the case.

I grouped them by GUIDs defined in dxva2api.h, to properly ifdef them
out when mingw-w64 gets a proper header.

One will then be able to build this particular module against Microsoft
headers, I don't think anything forbids that.

I don't intend to redistribute (parts of) VLC built with non-free
software but it would clearly help seeing if this software obtained
through reverse engineering is correct.

I still don't know for which purpose this apparently unordered list was
sorted by codec type.

dxva2_modes, the list using those GUIDs and associating them with
description, AND CODEC is already obviously sorted.

What are you trying to guess from the GUIDs themselves?