[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] DXVA2_ModeVC1_D2010 is specified by Microsoft

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Feb 7 10:41:14 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 07:14:13PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> Please calm down and stop jumping at my throat like I'm trying to defeat
> your work or something, because that is not the case.

OK. Sorry.

> I grouped them by GUIDs defined in dxva2api.h, to properly ifdef them
> out when mingw-w64 gets a proper header.

Great. Mingw64 is our only path of salvation, if we want Win64
support... And if someone does WinRT, that will be them.

> I still don't know for which purpose this apparently unordered list was
> sorted by codec type.

It is like this, because many vendors pop-up with slightly different
GUID for the same things, not speaking about different names,
and it is easier to find duplicates or find patterns, since they love to
use the same root for their GUID.

Moreover, it then helps for the big table afterwards, to check that
nothing is missing for one codec.

Also, the issue here, is that WinSDK different versions (Vista, Vista+PU, 7
and 8) will not define the same GUIDs. So how do you decide to #ifdef
somes and not the other ones? How do you support multiple DxVA2api.h
versions? How do you decide what goes in and out?

Finally, I don't see why you can't ifdef single GUID with a macro
involving a #ifndef ... DEFINE_GUI( ) #endif

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734