[vlc-devel] Issues with macosx vout

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:26:24 CET 2012

Hello Felix (and all the others),

In http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commitdiff;h=42444e4fa148bbf7ff177d15a927156e5d367f1f you reintroduced some issues on my system that I tried to fix in http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa7456d3cddcfc2ad238ac3102463eef84d134a6.
What was the motivation behind your partial revert?

It seems that the vlc core sends a crop / aspect ratio / .. event and additionally an size changed event within a small time period when using crop / ar /... .
This seems to cause the flickering I mentioned, therefore I separated the VOUT_DISPLAY_CHANGE_DISPLAY_SIZE: case from the others.
Additionally I don't understand why you moved the "reshapeView:" call.

I recorded both issues to be more clear: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/958997/macosx-vout-issues.mov
Please ignore the white areas in the video, they are not visible in real.
Additionally, at the end of the video you see the problem I have with the crop feature (#5996). The picture should be cropped to 4:3, instead it is compressed to this ratio.

Best regards,
David