[vlc-devel] wiki/UnixCompile

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Wed Feb 15 09:59:00 CET 2012

On 15/02/12 10:39, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:45:48AM +0200, Juha Jeronen wrote :
>> And without any forcing, I assume one gets a reasonably functional VLC?
> Yep.

Thanks. I'll update the wiki later today if there are no objections.

Updated summary:

- for most users, configure does not require any flags

- without any flags, one does get a reasonably functional VLC

- there are some features that must be forced on by configure flags;
these can be found by searching "default disabled" in ./configure --help

- libraries that are not in the default prefix AND not in vlc contribs
must be known to pkg-config

 -J