[vlc-devel] wiki/UnixCompile

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Fri Feb 17 14:30:52 CET 2012

Hi all,

Updated, based on input by Rémi and j-b.

http://wiki.videolan.org/UnixCompile#Configuration

Please let me know if it's horribly borked. If not, now the whole page
should be up to date for 2.0.

Also, added

http://wiki.videolan.org/UnixCompile#Compile_fails_after_git_pull

pointing to the generic build troubleshooting instructions at

http://wiki.videolan.org/Hacker_Guide/How_To_Write_a_Module#Module_load_troubleshooting

which were written earlier when there was much compiling trouble :)

Finally, added the corresponding Debian/Ubuntu install example to

http://wiki.videolan.org/UnixCompile#Prepare_your_environment

which already had a Fedora example (since the rest of the page talks
more about Ubuntu).

 -J