[vlc-devel] upgrade MPEG DASH handling of relative URLs

Christopher Müller christopher.mueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Wed Feb 15 19:20:14 CET 2012

Currently the plugin opens a HTTP connections for each chunk and I know that
this is ineffective. The chunk contains the resolved url and HTTPConnection
already contains code where we parse the url and at that point you could
also add this error handling and set the url relative to the mpd path if it
is not valid. This would be a good improvement and make the code more
robust.

As I said adding a "fake" baseurl could lead to problems in the future and
we would have to add that code to every profile parser.

BR
Chris