[vlc-devel] Lua extension and vlc.misc

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Feb 28 21:04:34 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 07:13:09PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote :
> Since 52d4b4bb1c, vlc.misc.* are not available outside of lua
> interfaces, notably for extensions and sds.
> It seems indeed that vlc.misc was over-exposing things, like should_die
> or quit.

Another round at downloading all extensions and grepping for misc.

Are currently used:

version() for debugging and for testing if required version is present.
copyright() for debugging.
mdate() for debugging callbacks.
mwait() for doing a sleep/poll.
cachedir() to store metadata.
And only one another extension seems to use homedir(), which we can fix.

I think we can fix some of those easily.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734