[vlc-devel] Lua extension and vlc.misc

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 29 00:39:35 CET 2012

> > We've already broken stuff, so let's take this chance and clear the
> > crap.
>
> No. Let's minimize the breakage.
> What is wrong with marking them as deprecated?

More and more users are going to use them anyway since they are
"absolutely necessary" and "there's no other way of doing it". We will
break things a second time when we remove them for good, and then there
will be more users to whine^Whave a frustrating experience because of
this. Less users will come to us with feature requests for proper APIs
for what is actually needed.

But as you wish. So what's your plan? Putting back the whole vlc.misc
unchanged? Splitting it in half? You'll have to rename stuff in an
incompatible way, won't you?

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."