[vlc-devel] The case for 2.0

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jan 6 19:51:03 CET 2012

Hello,

I strongly believe that we should rename VLC 1.2, aka Twoflower, as 2.0.

First, that would be to match "Twoflower" name :)

Then, VLC 1.2 is way beyond and different from 1.1... We have closed
more than 10% of the bugs on the bugtracker during this long period.
So many things have changed, that a stronger rupture should be done,
IMVHO.

Then, it is more simple for users to understand than our scheme.

Then, we have a scheme of one stable/one trunk, so we only need x.y as a
numbering.

Then, the change to LGPL of libVLC is quite important.

Finally, there is no finally :D

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734