[vlc-devel] Fwd: Motivation and commitment...

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jan 9 15:01:58 CET 2012

Someone please ban this troll.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Motivation and commitment...
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 05:47:21 -0800 (PST)
From: Shelley Horwitz <shelley at sjcomm.com>
To: R?mi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>

Remi,

This message is offlist because our personal communication has no place in
the public forum.

I can see that you have never managed a programming group or any group of
volunteers. Motivation is generated inside people by their own desire to do
or accomplish something. It is not wishful thinking, it is proven fact that
people, even volunteers, work harder and more effectively when they have
some measure of their own progress.

All large scale open-source projects have schedules. You can look at on
small example in the Eurdora email system. You can also check out several
of the systems being developed and marketed buy Adobe Systems, Inc. The
Flex development system I believe is open source.

Planning and scheduling do not mean ordering people around. It means
giving them a positive goal and psychological motivation, good management,
and encouragement. But I see this means nothing to some people who have
never managed or been managed successfully and have absolutely no idea of
how people work and what motivates them.

Your responses are nothing short of stupid, ignorant, and totally without
any foundation in reality. You know absolutely NOTHING about professional
software development, not proprietary software or open-source software. You
simply know NOTHING!!! You responses prove that.

Toss me off the list if you wish. I have no desire to deal with idiots or
morons.

Shelley

http://www.remlab.net/